Director of Solutions Architecture with extensive experience and background in helping clients envision and create a reliable digital architecture. I love to take current problems or technical challenges and bring people together to devise a strategy around what could be the best fit and how we can work to achieve that goal with technology.
|TEAMHealth, Knoxville, TN
Director of Solutions Architecture, Digital Experience & Clinician Quality
|02/2017 – Present
Provides digital strategy and technical oversight across all projects that support the vertical spaces of Digital Experience and Clinician Quality. Works with business stakeholders, project management teams, external vendors and internal/external development teams to implement and deliver solutions for the clinical recruiting, marketing and communications area. Performs consulting engagements on a regular basis to determine the feasibility of various platforms and solutions.
- Leading a web consolidation initiative to minimize the IT CMS footprint and to standardize CMS platforms and properties to be in mobile-first, intuitive and highly available infrastructure with WPEngine + AWS
- Collaborating in an effort to consolidate various document storage locations and productions/systems to a more consolidated solution
- Working with IT DevOps and business stakeholders to implement more Agile development processes that pertain to development around Sitecore, WordPress, SharePoint, CRM and other digital initiatives through JIRA + BitBucket + Confluence
- Led a project that implemented the conversion of on-premise DNS redirects from an internal non-HA infrastructure into easily configurable redirect infrastructure in AWS
- Led a project that created the ability to reduce cost by building up in-house expertise in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager capabilities to implement where possible in active web properties
- Other delivered or currently supported platforms include Intercom, Podbean, XMPie, BlazeMeter, ClickDimensions, Pingdom, CRM, SharePoint, AWS, Azure, WPEngine, Office365, Brightcove, SilkRoad, Sitecore, Hubspot, Box, Okta, WordPress, Leadature, BrowserStack
|Systems Architect + IT Manager, Systems Engineering
|07/2016 – 02/2017
Served as a Systems Architect for projects to provide guidance, strategy and implementation best practice for various projects and initiatives. Managed 3-4 ongoing internships providing mentoring and delivering opportunities in projects that engage students current technology stacks. Work with various teams to offer consulting around architecture best practices.
- Delivered an eStore solution across the enterprise to allow for merchandise ordering (personal or corporate) for all employees with tiered approval
- Completed a 2-year project replacing dated CRM/Website technology systems with modern and robust SaaS based implementations that are projected to increase the revenue of the given business
- Finished an initiative that delivered a complete rebrand of the company’s public facing branding and web site
- Provided guidance and strategy for the implementation and upgrade of dated CRM systems from 2011 to 2016
- Provided guidance and strategy for the implementation and upgrade of dated SharePoint systems from 2010 to 2013
- Collaborated in the delivery of a company-wide SSO standardization/implementation that included the initial configuration and rollout of 10+ applications
- Led the effort to consolidate multiple solutions for user service support toolsets to be consolidated to an easy to use application for the Service Support team to have as a single pane of glass for end-user support
- Provided assistance and strategy by working with our business and systems teams with an initiative to convert, migrate and retire various servers and machines from dated architecture with applications (30+ servers + apps)
|Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering
|04/2014 – 07/2016
Provided implementations of developed custom web and software applications as well as customized third-party technologies across various software platforms and user authentication domains. Produced documentation of implementation as well as conveying that information to our end-support teams.
- Managed 7 on premise single and multi-site Sitecore platforms (6.5 & 8.0); Experience with the creation and customization of user, workflow and site/page security; Experience in web forms and MVC based Sitecore instances; Integration experience with Sitecore analytics, MongoDB, and Google Analytics; Development experience with Team Foundation Server; Sitecore Rocks and Hedgehog TDS; Sitecore Developer Certified;
- Administered and deployed web applications, software installs/patches, 3rd party products, and miscellaneous modifications for all IIS/Apache web servers for companies with servers across multiple domains
- Development and customization of SharePoint (2007/2010/2013) web parts, pages, administrative timer jobs, workflows and web/WCF services for data integration; Experience with CSOM and JSOM
- Develops and delivers web, forms based, and console applications to user support specialists as tools for searching and modifying user data in MS SQL, Oracle & LDAP
- Set up and deployed multi-domain instances of Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) versions 2.0 & 3.0
- Configured and implemented Active Directory Certificate Services with a custom user verification application to allow for self-serve certificate auto-enrollment
- Set up and deployed intranet/intranet instances of Azure Multifactor authentications for use with ADFS, VPN, IIS and Radius
- Other implemented and supported products include TigerText, BMC Remedy, OneDrive for Business, F5 BigIP, CRM, ShareScan, Cognos, Saba, HarePoint Analytics, Tangier, Gnosis and ShoreTel, Ziiva Prosperity LMS, and Four51 Ordercloud
|Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) – (UT-Battelle), Oak Ridge, TN
ASP.Net Developer, US ITER
ORNL Information Services Technology Department
02/2013 – 04/2014
Provides application development and maintenance services for projects related to the government sector. Is responsible for the development, maintenance, testing and on-going support of enterprise level solutions.
- Collaborates and develops for a custom document management/workflow system with ITER headquarters in Cadarache, France
- Has performed at least 8+ weeks of foreign travel collaborating with other developers for training and customization of ITER document management system (iDocs)
- Was migration team leader that successfully migrated 18,000+ documents from a OpenText Hummingbird (eDocs) system to a custom ASP.net (VB) dynamically driven application (iDocs)
- Led successful implementation of the migration to and deployment of iDocs, a document management system with workflow and custom metadata manipulation capabilities
|Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Oak Ridge, TN
Web Applications Developer II, Occupational Exposure and Worker Health
|12/2011 – 02/2013
Performed the writing and renovation of ASP.net/SQL Server client web and application performance, updated and provided documentation for VB.net windows applications for account creation/maintenance, implemented any or all processes to attempt to promote a digital paperless environment, and provided support for the user bases of various applications for different programs.
- Converted multiple web applications from ColdFusion/HTML to dynamic ASP.Net projects
- Implemented Responsive Design CSS style into existing public/internal web pages for two major projects involving data collection applications and reports for the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Used a paperless approach and programmed web sites to create/email online user forms as PDFs
- Modified existing .Net applications to perform automatic mail merges of tables of users
- Established web sites to be in compliance with section 508 web site accessibility guidelines
- Performed research and development in a mobile feasibility study, providing: timeline, budget, and tasks to be completed
|Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, TN||07/2008 – 12/2011|
|Programmer Analyst I, Information Services|
Enhanced client web and application performance, provided tier 2 help desk support, implemented new software products to requirement specifications, wrote and delivered user/technician support documentation, handled performance modifications and conducted regular backups, and ensured technical and functional specifications met provided university goals.
- Served as project manager for the implementation of SharePoint 2007 faculty/staff/student portal
- Developed paperless admissions online application using InfoPath forms services and configured anonymous access submission via SharePoint (Reducing 6 pages of printing per application, with over 2,200 applications per term)
- Configured Single Sign-On for email and campus information system in SharePoint through web parts
- Served as project manager for the implementation of synchronizing active directory with the campus information system to fully automate the creation of new accepted students (reducing the amount of work of 6 separate processes and 3 people to none)
- Developed and established web and media sites with link relative templates for university-wide accreditation (was distributed multiple times and nationally featured)
- Implemented and supported third-party software with Axceler ControlPoint and Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague software for purposes of integration with SharePoint
|East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
Web Developer (Capstone Program Internship)
|01/2008 – 05/2008|
Web and application support and development for end-users converting existing forms of the East Tennessee State University Registrar.
- Maintained registrar web site
- Provided custom public-facing web form development for the Publications and Marketing group to distribute for office and university
- Provided in-house technical support and walkthrough documentation for the Help Desk for custom web applications
Education & Training
|East Tennessee State University (ETSU), Johnson City, TN
Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science
Concentration: Information Technology (IT)
Accreditation: Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET
Other Notable Workshops & Training: Ethical Hacking, Cisco CCNA 1, CSS (1, 2, and 3) SharePoint Designer, SharePoint Administration, Ellucian Query Builder Fundamentals, Envision Programming, Colleague Studio Fundamentals, and Web Form Migration, WordPress Administration, iOS software development I
top 5 strengths
My Top 5 StrengthsFinder Themes:
- Strategic – People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Achiever – People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
- Relator – People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
- Responsibility – People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
- Learner – People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.